- You’ll need a cup, jar, bottle, bowl, anything you can put water into that’s clear. I prefer clear so that the light of the moon can shine through and through. This container or “cup” represents our spirit and we want to fill it. If we are releasing anything tonight, we will have more room for abundance so fill your cups.
- You can add herb or crystals representing your intentions. Remember not to add selenite or anything that cannot get wet. Think about what you are releasing and what you will use your moon water for. Tonight mine is all about love, so some lavender and rose quartz will hook me right up.
- Hold the cup (jar, or whatever you’re using) and meditate for a moment, holding the feeling of the intent behind this water. Tell it why you are grateful for it and let the feeling of your gratitude infuse the water. Say the incantation below.
- Place your cup somewhere in a spot that will be filled with moonlight. Remember, we only want moon light to touch this, so place it when the moon rises and collect it before the sun comes up. We don’t want Apollo to ruin Luna’s magic. If it’s cloudy, don’t worry. It isn’t the light the charges it, it’s the moon’s energy.
- When you collect it before the sun rises, thank Luna for her gift and store it away somewhere the rays of sun will never touch it.
Luna rise and hear my heart,
help me release for a new start.
With this water, I ask of you,
Bless my cup with love so true.
So mote it be.
Ways to use your moon water
You can use your moon water in various magical ways. I use mine to watercolor paint, cleanse my candles and tools, water my plants and even pour some in a ritual bath.
You can use to cleanse your crystals, money for a prosperity ritual and any manner of magical ways you can think of.
- Make an infusion with mugwort and use to cleanse your tools
- Add some to your bath for that lunar energy
- Make sure to boil first, then after it’s charged, add to your tea
- Water your plants
- Add oils or Florida water to clean your altar
Happy Full Moon!
Leave a Reply